Monday, October 19, 2009

Jamaican Beer




Many people throughout the island of Jamaica love to drink beer especially men, like my uncle Anthony. The most commonly- drank beer on the island is Red Stripe. Red Stripe is brewed in Jamaica by a Company called D&G. This company makes most of the island juices and drinks; for instance they make Jamaican soda, and fruit drinks. One main reason why people Jamaican's love Red Stripe so much is how it makes them feel, it leaves them “irie”. Irie is a term used in Jamaica to describe a feeling of being elated. My uncle Anthony normally has a Red Stripe almost every day for his lunch break from his construction job. He just can’t get enough of it. I’m sure all the beer drinker here in Greensburg would love the taste of Jamican Red Stripe.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I should give Red Stripe another chance. Last time I drank a Red Stripe, I was just turned 21 and on my way cross country to Colorado. Bought a different 6 pack in every state I went to, then when I got to the hotel in Colorado we drank. And I wasn't fond of Red Stripe. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep u should, because everyone else thinks its good but since i haven't tried it i couldnt tell you. it doesnt hurt to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's it comparable to? Like is it like a regular Budweiser or more like a dark beer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say Heineken that what my dad says.

    ReplyDelete