Monday, October 19, 2009

My Creativity


Last weekend which was the fall break, I didn’t get the chance to go home so I decided to do something creative. My creativity was the art of cooking. I went to Wal-Mart to do a little grocery shopping but to my surprise, Wal-Mart was very huge. I told my friends that I hadn't seen any stores this large within the island of Jamaica. Anyway, I know that they were saying this girl has got to be crazy. Despite the size of Wal-Mart, I continued with my shopping and found and bought the things I needed for my cooking. This dish is one of our cultural dishes that I created: it's called Jerk chicken with white rice. This dish is normally eaten on Sundays for dinner and it's very costly. The funny thing about it was that I actually thought about the class while I was cooking. i thought about how nice it would have been if I had brought some of the good food for you all to sample. Too bad it was on a weekend and all of you were probably home anyway. Next time I promise to bring you all some good old Jamaican cuisine. Even though I was left here on campus, I enjoyed the weekend because I had some home- cooked food.

No comments:

Post a Comment